Portrait - Drew

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1045307344_uSPhM-XL.jpg

Comments welcomed. Critique appreciated. Thanks for looking.​

The lighting is even, and there is nothing wrong with it as a standard portrait.

All I find myself looking at is the tie though. Its really dominating the image to me.

I agree, the tie is a little "too much" for the scene, but the thing that bothers me the most is the over-done smile. Even if this is his natural smile, I think it would have been a much image had you asked him to tone it down a little.

I agree, the tie is a little "too much" for the scene, but the thing that bothers me the most is the over-done smile. Even if this is his natural smile, I think it would have been a much image had you asked him to tone it down a little.
Fair enough on the tie. He's an eighteen year old kid and his fashion picks leaves a gapeing hole for for all insuilts. In fact, you could drive a Mack truck throught that gapeing hole.

Apparently that's about $5K worth of work to get that smile...... at least that's what the Mom told me. I guess that's why I look like I do...... my mother sent me to the local university for my dental work. Let's leave it right there, if you don't mind. :biggrin:

Looks a little over-sharpened. Nicely lit though!

I agree with the above points, and perhaps would have liked the camera angle to be a bit higher. I feel a little bit like I'm looking up at the subject.

Overall a good portrait. But lacks a little pop for me. Lighting is nice - - but maybe a little flat.

Well he does have nice teeth, and he looks sooo happy, lol. Demi Lovato's brother fsho.

The only thing that really bothers me are his little hairs sticking up -.-

I agree with the above points, and perhaps would have liked the camera angle to be a bit higher. I feel a little bit like I'm looking up at the subject.
Although I agree completely, he's about 4 or 5 inches taller than I am and I didn't bring my two-step with me.

Overall a good portrait. But lacks a little pop for me. Lighting is nice - - but maybe a little flat.
How much pop do you require? He is completely isolated from the background.............. just checked again, so how much pop do you require? 'Splain please.

Good call.

Looks good.. but I was expecting one of your stuffed animals.

Although I agree completely, he's about 4 or 5 inches taller than I am and I didn't bring my two-step with me.

How much pop do you require? He is completely isolated from the background.............. just checked again, so how much pop do you require? 'Splain please.

Good call.

Yeah...you could have added 600 to 800 watt-seconds worth of rim-lighting behind him, to give it that Strobist-hairlight look....you know, the kind of look where the outline of the person looks like they're a candidate for sainthood...really,really,really,really,really bright, white-hot rim lighting. Yeah, that's the ticket! The necktie is a bit attention-grabbing. His teeth look fine. His hair looks fine. Background looks fine.

My main issue is the tie... pretty crazy.

A second point of comment would be his neck. It looked slightly off to me and I think that may be because of the blurring on the edge, where it meets the blurred background.

........A second point of comment would be his neck. It looked slightly off to me and I think that may be because of the blurring on the edge, where it meets the blurred background.
Good eyes. There was a potted Mum on the landing next to his neck that I took out. Obviously I need to take a better stab at the removal. :)

Not sure what all that prattling-on about strobist-back-rim-lighting is doing here, but moving along to answer you question.

I think the front of his face could be better defined with not such flat lighting, giving it a more three-dimensional look, IMHO. For example, follow this link.

handsome guy!

I agree about his smudged neck and it looks a bit oversharpened to me.

I think the front of his face could be better defined with not such flat lighting, giving it a more three-dimensional look, IMHO. For example, follow this link.
:biglaugh: Good one.

Oh wait, you may have been serious. And my lighting is flat?

Most reactions

Back