Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C and C please!

Thanks!

4462385573_b179ce7b63.jpg

Jen,

Something about the crop isn't doing it for me. I'd love to see other images from this shoot, though, as this specific expression and pose seems a little bit "off", but I can't put my finger on what it is. LOVE the exposure and processing, though. I prefer the following crops: (I hope it's OK that I post them)

crop1.jpg

crop2a.jpg

Lovely model. I don't like the background all that much. Is that house siding? The model is too "square" to the camera, making the pic have that mug shot feeling.

the smile looks forced to me in the first photo...

in the second one... the expression is better... but i'd say a vertical crop may work better since the background doesn't seem to add much...

I love the second but in the first I see a bit of an orange cast on her face probably from her shirt.

Have your subjects sit/stand tall, lean forward just slightly at the waist, one foot slightly in front of the other with 80% of their weight on the back foot.

The pose #1 looks pretty stiff and doesn't look natural and relaxed. partly, as mentioned above, because of the shoulder angle to the

In #2 her chin is to high and she is leaning back slightly.

In both it's her eyes that convey the tension and part of that is because there are almost no shadows to create a sense of mood and give some modeling and depth to the facial mask.

Us the portrait camera orientation when you make portraits of individuals and fill the frame when you have plain homogenous backgrounds that don't add anything to the story the image is telling.

Last edited:
Second set: what a beautiful smile. I like the background better here. However, there is just too much of it. Like gsgary said, zoom in closer to the model, and use "portrait" mode. Her head is tilted a bit much. Her arms are not in a flattering position...I'm not sure if she was holding on to something. The catch light in her eyes is great.

Have your subjects sit/stand tall, lean forward just slightly at the waist, one foot slightly in front of the other with 80% of their weight on the back foot.

The pose #1 looks pretty stiff and doesn't look natural and relaxed. partly, as mentioned above, because of the shoulder angle to the

In #2 her chin is to high and she is leaning back slightly.

In both it's her eyes that convey the tension and part of that is because there are almost no shadows to create a sense of mood and give some modeling and depth to the facial mask.

Us the portrait camera orientation when you make portraits of individuals and fill the frame when you have plain homogenous backgrounds that don't add anything to the story the image is telling.

Excellent tips! :thumbup:

Yes....I've been trying to get a decent one for awhile, but I'm a horrible model!!! :( Oh well, I don't really neeeed one.

I see nowhere did anyone say you weren't attractive Jen. Just some posing issues and voila, a masterpiece!

Your smile is very contagious, for lack of a better term...I smile when I see your smile in these pics. Go with that! Don't give up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back