Portrait of a Nerdy Cousin. :D

PhoenixAtlantis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a portrait of one of my cousins at a birthday party. Enjoy!

2890335-md.jpg

Hehe... pretty funny capture... the photo seems "off balance" to me, though - especially in the bottom left... While the sign itself is somewhat ironic, I think it's placement doesn't quite do the photo justice.

santino said:
ohhh my god, it's good, I like it a lot. especially with the sign attached to the fridge.
tell your cousin he's a brave man :D

ha, his cousin probably doesnt know he's been had on this forum! :lol:

i like it too! :thumbsup:

JonMikal said:
santino said:
ohhh my god, it's good, I like it a lot. especially with the sign attached to the fridge.
tell your cousin he's a brave man :D

ha, his cousin probably doesnt know he's been had on this forum! :lol:

i like it too! :thumbsup:
true..... :lol:
Great shot... You're right though... he is a bit nerdy.. :lol:

Hey..people...there's nothing wrong with nerdiness! Seriously!

I like the pic, but I actually think..as a serious shot, the sign is distracting. Without the sign there, I would love it. With the sign there...it's a good joke shot. Just my opinion though. :)

Poor kid...bein made fun of by his own cousin! :)

Really, all I see wrong with it is having the ceiling included in the upper LT corner...the diagonals there are what is throwing the rest of the picture off. If you crop it out, you'll crop off the top of his head, but other than that, it suddenly balances the image.

I think it works just fine as a bit of a carefree, loopy moment. It's a nice shot, actually. :D I like it!

core_17 said:
Hey..people...there's nothing wrong with nerdiness! Seriously!

I like the pic, but I actually think..as a serious shot, the sign is distracting. Without the sign there, I would love it. With the sign there...it's a good joke shot. Just my opinion though. :)

Poor kid...bein made fun of by his own cousin! :)

I agree about the sign. With it all you have is a poster for a college dorm room. hmm?

heh, thanks for the replies. I agree that with the sign, it is a bit of a joke shot, but that's exactly what it was. He just happened to be sitting on a stool next to the sign, and I said something to make him laugh and I snapped the picture very quickly, using bounce flash. It was not staged or anything like that. In the context of when it was taken (At a jovial fancy dress birthday party), the sign makes sense. However, I should perhaps make a cropped version of the same picture also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back