Portrait of Aoife

" I had her tilted a bit towards the left.." No I didn't say I had her tilt her head, thats just what she did. i dont direct my models constantly it kind of defeats the purpose of what they are there to do. I said I positioned myself and the tripod in order to eliminate catching most of the shadow. And no I didn't have the lights positioned mirroring each other

What do you mean you're not buying the phone sign? Just as in it not being a good pose? And there really isn't anything coming after this with this particular model. Whatever I get out of this photo for constructive criticism will just be put towards something like this again in the future

I think you "invented" the phone sign AFTER someone else mentioned it.

I think you are attempting, but not succeeding in making your narrative fit the feedback.

Why not just take a picture, and put it up for critique without all the "story"?

So then in the real shoot, will you have the desk/table or will it not be there?

I didn't say I had her head positioned like that though, I mean her head in that position was just her doing her thing. I did position her a little off to the left but not specifically her head. I also positioned myself to again eliminate some of the shadow since it was a single light source with no fill in

And no of course I didn't invent the phone sign after someone else mentioned it. As a matter of fact nobody said anything about an actual phone pose until I did. What else would she be doing with her hand in that position? It's pretty clear she's imitating a phone. I agreed with the guy who pointed out that her finger could of been pointed out more to imitate it better, it's curled a bit

I don't quite follow you on your 2nd point

I mean I could do that and just post the pictures, but I don't see the point in that as much

And I don't know. Next time I think i'll just get in closer and eliminate that space all together where the desk/table is. I agree it would look better without the table, but then the arm looks bad, or worse than it does already according to some, respectfully

Last edited:
i dont direct my models constantly it kind of defeats the purpose of what they are there to do.
So the model is in charge of this shoot. Does she want to continue hiring you?

I mean I don't know man. Everybody has their own type of approach to a shoot. I like the models persona to come out and me telling her what to do all the time isn't really accomplishing that in my opinion

I wasn't hired, this was a test shoot. Her agent sends me packages from time to time and I choose the models in his emails to develop their portfolios along with mine. We work off each other, there's no money involved

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back