Portrait of Minnie, C&C please.

allening

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All of them were taken on x'mas 2009 in NY.

4269999881_c7b4ca1032.jpg

4220693665_e06e86cd92.jpg

4221249970_2fa4a57c7e.jpg

4221451912_4f7926859b.jpg

4220695033_2823674328.jpg

I'm surprised no one's commenting. All of these show great potential, and even though a couple of them aren't my style, for instance subject placement in a couple of them, they are still enjoyable. Nice model, too, btw, and since I'm old school, I'm picking #2 as my favorite.

Early: Thx for your comment! I just started taking portrait about a month ago, so all the shots aren't professional but I've been reading more articles about portrait photography lately~hopefully I will have some better work to upload later.

I like the composition of #3 with the blurred people. The exposure could be a tad brighter, but maybe running it through a B&W conversion would get you a more impactful photo :)

I think #3 is my favorite as well, although I do agree it is a little underexposed.

For my tastes...
#1 she is a bit far to the right, and the expression on her face doesn't do it for me
#2 is a good idea, but there is too much weird stuff behind her, like a floating suitcase
#4 I'm not quite sure why she's leaning against a wall on the street, facing the wall
#5 seems to be more of a product shot than a portrait

I think #3 is my favorite as well, although I do agree it is a little underexposed.

For my tastes...
#1 she is a bit far to the right, and the expression on her face doesn't do it for me
#2 is a good idea, but there is too much weird stuff behind her, like a floating suitcase
#4 I'm not quite sure why she's leaning against a wall on the street, facing the wall
#5 seems to be more of a product shot than a portrait

thank you very much for your comments, they are very helpful.
all the pictures I took that day were more like practices rather than professional portrait photos. As I said in the previous reply, I was not good at taking portraits, so I wasn't sure about the expressions on her face, and the background stuff. But recently I've been reading so many articles about photography which gave me a much better understanding about taking portrait photos, hopefully I will have more portraits to upload in the future.

I like the composition of #3 with the blurred people. The exposure could be a tad brighter, but maybe running it through a B&W conversion would get you a more impactful photo :)

Thank you very much!
Yeah, I will surely make it black and white and brighten it a bit as you said. I think it's gonna be more moody than this one...

Most reactions

Back