Portrait of my girlfriend.

Maxx RS4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this about 6 months ago with my Olympus slr. Any artifacts you see are from the dirty scanner glass - sorry for that! What do you guys think of the composition, lighting, etc. BE HARSH!

portrait.jpg

not terribly sharp, little shadow detail, strange posture. the composition is not doing anything for me. sometimes having a subject dead center does work, but not here.

good news is your girlfriend seems to be pretty!

you also exposed her skin properly (or what appears to be proper)

I agree. She is very pretty but she is slouching. She is dead centre and the rest of the image is not adding anything to the composition. You could crop off both sides, making it a portrait orientation rather than landscape...and I think it would look better.

If you have a pretty and willing model...keep shooting.

While I would ascribe the "not terribly sharp" to the fact that this is a scanned print, I agree with mike on the centred-ness of your girl-friend. Also I am not so very keen on her underwear showing, her slightly bowed back and way she holds her arms.

But you apparently used the fill flash with great success! And something tells me that her eyes ARE, indeed, very sharp in the print!

And yes!
SHE IS VERY PRETTY!!!

Thanks guys.

The sharpess is most definitely due to the fact that it was scanned.

Neither one of us we exactly planning on having her become my model subject. We were just walking through the woods on my property and I decided to snap one while she wasn't expecting it. So, excuse her undies and posture!

I do agree on the cropping though. I, myself, don't like the centered-ness of it.

I'll let her know about your kind words as well!

Slouching? I don't care about that. The photograph speaks to me. Great eye contact, great focus, love the darkness of it all. It looks like more of a p&s because it's centered to me. She feels a bit locked in the photograph :)

Thanks EJB. The slouching thing seems more natural to me than the forced pose as well.

When I look at this photo all I can stare at are her eyes. Doesn't she grasp everyone else?

I think the centered-ness of it works well when it's sitting on a frame on a shelf as well. The more I think about this photo the more I like how it's centered. :popcorn:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back