hrry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hrry.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
6803524246_5f671759cd_b.jpg

Unfortunately it is quite underexposed. you should have blown out the windows and aimed for correct exposure on her face. Spot metering the face would have helped here.

Agree; it would also have reduced the distractions in the background. i think you can improve it in post however. Nice expression!

Or even a touch of fill flash... so that you could keep the exposures on the windows correct..... :)

Or even a touch of fill flash... so that you could keep the exposures on the windows correct..... :)

Personally (and I stress this is just an opinion), I would prefer to see less detail through the windows, it is just distracting. Blowing out windows is a good alternative to using a shallow depth of field to eliminate distracting backgrounds, plus it lets you keep the subject sharper and in full focus by stopping down a little. I do agree though a small amount of fill flash focused on the dark side of her face, would help the image overrall.

Personally (and I stress this is just an opinion), I would prefer to see less detail through the windows, it is just distracting. Blowing out windows is a good alternative to using a shallow depth of field to eliminate distracting backgrounds, plus it lets you keep the subject sharper and in full focus by stopping down a little. I do agree though a small amount of fill flash focused on the dark side of her face, would help the image overrall.

The only problem I have with blowing out the windows is that the viewers eye is automatically attracted to the brightest area in the photo... and that would detract from the subject. It is too bad that a shallow DOF was not used to soften the background seen through the windows... which would have helped to remove the distraction also.

Thanks alot for the feedback, i appreciate it. I was hoping to use a blank background but this was the best alternative as the light was fading, i agree that blowing the windows out would be much better.

You could try blasting the exposure up a stop or so in post to see how it looks

I get what you were going for, and think you achieve some measure of sucess. MY biggest issue has nothing to do with exposure--it is the way her right eye looks...it looks white!!! The eye looks, just, well, awful.

Do you mind if I try a quick edit? hrry?

I get what you were going for, and think you achieve some measure of sucess. MY biggest issue has nothing to do with exposure--it is the way her right eye looks...it looks white!!! The eye looks, just, well, awful.

I'm with ya. Her right eye just looks... wrong. Disturbingly so.

Most reactions

Back