Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One entry for this year's Fall Fairs:
Portrait?
Clouds2_8x10_Small.jpg

or
Landscape?
Clouds_8x10_Small.jpg

6mb images reduced to 45kb for quick web-loading will look like that. Getting back to the question, portrait or landscape?
;)
...and yes, I know they need leveling.

Last edited:
First one appears to be portrait, second one appears to me to be landscape. I hope that clears up your question. We've dealt with some pretty tough questions here at TPF the last few days.

Landscape, as in the portrait there's nothing going on in the clouds/water... Landscape shows more of the scene.

Landscape looks like the best one for me...there doesn't seem to be anything to be gained from "portrait" mode. It would be interesting, for me at least to see how this renders in black and white, maybe with a little jump in contrast...not sure...just curious.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

I like landscape for this one, that second row of low clouds on the right is key.

I do agree however about a little jump in contrast perhaps.....

I'd go with the landscape crop.

Yeah...I'd agree with Dagwood 56...the landscape shot shows more rain on the right hand side of the frame, and also, the tide rip line in the horizontal image is more prominent. Overall, the horizontal composition seems to be the slightly stronger one.

Landscape in my opinion.

Landscape - more interesting sky and mountains plus more room for the boats. Don't f*** with the contrast, though - seems perfect the way it is and it would be so easy to make it look fake or otherwise unappealing.

Most reactions

Back