Portrait or landscape?

They look like landscapes to me as I don't see any humans.

pano?

clouds8x10smallpano.jpg

Thanks for the input; I'd actually been leaning toward portrait, but it seems that landscape is the way to go.

Traveller, unfortunately, for this image I couldn't make a pano that would comply with the judge's rules and still show the scene. This was a scene taken from the balcony at work and only lasted about five minutes.

I'll play devil's advocate. My first thought was portrait and I'm sticking with it. I think the bright spot and tiny bit of land (Bentnik Island?) are a little distracting and somewhat detract from the overall effect.

First one appears to be portrait, second one appears to me to be landscape. I hope that clears up your question. We've dealt with some pretty tough questions here at TPF the last few days.
Hilarious!

i think the portrait is more pleasing to the eye. seems like its more of a nice combination of layers from the sky to the water. landscape doesnt really do much more for me other than lose some of the nice layers and widen the rest. the portrait kind of reminds me of those tall glasses that you'd fill with different colored sand.

Landscape ftw

The sky in this image sends, to me at least, a feeling of calm, a feeling of divinity and a feeling of hope. Such a picture should, or often is best, in landscape orientation, which is more calming and relaxing to the eye. Verticals are often used to emphasize pride, bigness or tallness, none of which I feel fit much into this landscape.

Last edited:
I would normally, automatically, say landscape for landscape but the portrait crop looks much more dramatic to my eye in this case and keeps me focused on the dramatic sky

Most reactions

New Topics

Back