Portrait Photograph

debbar08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I have a Canon EOS 7D camera with lens 18mm-135mm. I want to make good portrait photograph. Which lens will perfect for this camera? If some one replies details about that, I will be happy and I can start making good portrait photograph. Thanks all.

Digital Photography

Have you tried your zoom? Try in the 80mm to 135mm range to minimize distortion.

The Canon 85 1.8 is one of the best starting places for portrait photography. If that's over you're budget, try to swing a 50 1.8 or 50 1.4 if you can afford

There is no perfect lens. It's all about people's preference really. Some like to use primes such as 50mm and 85mm.

Lots of people say 85mm is usually what they use for portrait photography. Personally I never used an 85mm prime. I would love to get one by my budget can't fit it right now.

I use my 70-200 most for portrait work and it works out very well for me. I use it over my 50mm for portrait work.

Also with the crop factor on the 7D the 50mm on it makes the focal length about equal to an 85mm on a full frame camera. 50mm f/1.4 is a great lens if you are looking for a prime.

Your biggest leap away from the zoom that you have will be over to a wide prime lens. The 85mm is perfect and will give you some amazing results. Its all down to the cash, and if you are prepared to take the leap. maybe you could try looking round for a used model that would save you quite a bit!

Most reactions

Back