Portrait photography critique

cgleockler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I've never really done people photography... Except for the gf's senior portraits and that didn't go too well (probably why I haven't tried again till now) but I had my little cousin over yesterday and she wanted her picture taken and it was actually kinda fun :) anyway what do you all think? Any advice would be great! I can handle criticism

Attachments

• AirBrush_20170326093004-01-01.jpeg
    AirBrush_20170326093004-01-01.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 136
Generally good. Expresioin on her is good, friendly, looks genuine. Focus looks almost missed on the eyes and the front part of the hair, but not too bad on that. There's a lot of extra space surrounding her, and I think this might look stronger cropped down a bit, for less green grass surrounding her.

She is back-lighted a bit; maybe brighten her face and jacket up by a slight bit, maybe 1/3 EV to 1/2 EV to maybe even as much as 4/5 EV. See how you like it brightened a bit. Or not.

Generally good. Expresioin on her is good, friendly, looks genuine. Focus looks almost missed on the eyes and the front part of the hair, but not too bad on that. There's a lot of extra space surrounding her, and I think this might look stronger cropped down a bit, for less green grass surrounding her.

She is back-lighted a bit; maybe brighten her face and jacket up by a slight bit, maybe 1/3 EV to 1/2 EV to maybe even as much as 4/5 EV. See how you like it brightened a bit. Or not.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll try cropping it in a bit and I'll see what I can do to brighten up the subject, I'm pretty much limited to my phone right now as far as editing goes though... But I'm sure they have an app that does everything these days

Pixlr-o-matic is a fun editing app that is free, and can be done over the web.

I think it's really a lovely portrait. I love the purple jacket with the green. Her expression is open and genuine and the wild, wind blown hair framing her face gives it a spontaneous, free feeling. I would definitely crop- maybe make it portrait not landscape, as the empty green space on the left is a little to much green for me. I would try to balance the amount of green with the amount of purple. You might want to open up the shadows in the jacket, too. Overall, though, it's a very nice portrait! Keep taking those people pix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cute photo. I agree there's something that feels a little off with the crop.. what ratio is that cropped to? it doesn't quite look 4x5 ish.. thats I think what is weird to me is the crop ratio?

Adorable still though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back