Portrait photography instructional video for beginners

MikeBrehaut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all

I'm a professional photographer from Guernsey and I've made a short instructional video on how to get the best portraits using mainly natural light (some off camera flash work)

Please have a look and let me know what you think?

Creative Video | Creative Photography

Cheers
Mike

I took a look for grins and giggles and thought you did a really nice job of explaining things for the beginner.

Being pretty new I found your video very informative. You did a good job, thank you.

Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Thanks very much for all of your kind words, I'll be making more soon on different topics :)

So many instructional videos never approach the practical balance between "show me/tell me" this one does.

So many instructional videos never approach the practical balance between "show me/tell me" this one does.

Thank you very much, this kind of feedback makes me want to go and make another right now :)

Very informative video on portraiture photography. As someone who wants to learn more about this subject, this really helped a lot!

I watched the video. Get rid of the bloke with the Bri'ish accent and fill all seven minutes with the lovely Courtney and you'd really have something! ;-)

But seriously, a well-done short video. Soooo much better than the typical YouTube videos! Good pacing, nice production values,solid camera work, good on-screen example insertion,and overall good job! Using the Nikon D5100 with the "beginner mode" rear-of-camera LCD screen's aperture value simulation really was a great decision!

Thanks all :)

Derrel, that is the best comment I have EVER had on any forum anywhere :) You'll definitely be seeing more of Courtney in the future, she's 15 years old and 6 foot tall! A great swimmer too.

I'll be hopefully making a video per month in 2014, different topics, so we may not see Courtney for a few months but she'll be back :)

Cheers :)

It's a beautiful tutorial piece ... hope to see more !

Thanks all :)

Derrel, that is the best comment I have EVER had on any forum anywhere :) You'll definitely be seeing more of Courtney in the future, she's 15 years old and 6 foot tall! A great swimmer too.

I'll be hopefully making a video per month in 2014, different topics, so we may not see Courtney for a few months but she'll be back :)

Cheers :)

That's great news, Mike! I thought your instructional video was really well-done. As cgw mentioned in comment #7, you struck a good balance between the "show me/tell me", and I think for the beginning type of shooter, they want both the "tell" , meaning the information or the theory and they also want the "show me" , meaning the actual video which shows the lecturer performing the described procedures. I thought the mix you and the crew achieved was great.

Most reactions

Back