What's new

Portrait photography instructional video for beginners

Hi all

I'm a professional photographer from Guernsey and I've made a short instructional video on how to get the best portraits using mainly natural light (some off camera flash work)

Please have a look and let me know what you think?

Creative Video | Creative Photography

Cheers
Mike

Nice job. I think you explained the depth of field / aperture very well for beginners.
 
I enjoyed the video but am gob-smacked that Courtney is 15.

Well done, enjoyed every moment.
An important plus is that you used a lower end camera and that shows all the newer people that it's not only the big gear that can do the work.

Lew
 
Liked that video a lot. Will check out any you make. Thanks. Ed
 
Thanks Lew, yes she does look much older, very nice girl too, very polite and pleasant.

Yes, I'm going to stick with the theme of using a camera that is around the entry/mid range level. On a lot of my courses I teach people to put their cameras down and use their eyes first.

Thanks Ed :) I've posted a new video about off camera flash
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the only thing Leica really is better at is making lenses really small through careful selection of glass. But other companies have their individual strengths, too, and can make just as good lenses if you are willing to pay the necessary price for high quality, and other companies have outperformed Leica, or done compareably good glas for a much smaller price.
 
I get a 404 error from your link :(

The second video is great though. Nicely spoken, easily explained and fun to watch.

But poor Eden! I hope you gave her a hot chocolate after standing in that weather! ;)
 
Last edited:
Also not able to see the first video. The second was well done. Thanks
 
I think it's this one:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom