Portrait Shoot - C&C

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
She just turned 14 last week. Both she and her mother were happy with the results, but what do you think?

The background was a window shade and dappled sunlight along with the window frame caused the color shifts to it.

Shot with a D700 with 70-200mm lens, SB800 on hotshoe as master, SB800 through a 15" softbox at 45°x45° camera left and a SB600 behind and aimed at the subject.

788536142_nNLUf-XL.jpg

788536383_HAXF5-XL.jpg

788536036_hCCki-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments always welcomed, critique always appreciated. Just to clarify, I have rhino skin...... no need to be kind. :D

Last edited:
i dont really like the way her head is in the first picture. it looks a bit weird, like she is creepy...

but the second two are nice and it seems you got true emotion out of her, cause the smiles look very good.

Overall i'd say good job.

Ditto on number one

I like the light ratios in 2&3. Nice 2/3 view on both. GreAt job!!!

Thanks folks for your replies. After looking at #1 again, I have to agree and that it's not exactly what I was trying to get. Here's a couple more....

788536209_AEQtQ-XL.jpg

788865195_JDDsy-XL.jpg

788867926_9MEHC-XL.jpg

Anyone else? Please feel free.​

Having worked with a woman, her constant comment was the male photographers do NOT pay sufficient attention to the hair of the model in a portrait, including the basics of running a comb or brush through it.

She was right and it applies in some of your photos.

skieur

better than mine! haha if i had to pick anything, it would be her hair is a tad messy

Having worked with a woman, her constant comment was the male photographers do NOT pay sufficient attention to the hair of the model in a portrait, including the basics of running a comb or brush through it.

She was right and it applies in some of your photos.

skieur

Yep. The hair can use some work. I like the second batch better. The lighting is much better imho (pics 4 and 6).

I'll take the blame on the photos with her hair a bit scattered. We tried that "flowing hair" look, but only had a hairdryer and it was too close and too fast. :lol: I have also redited a few to tone down the red & magenta color that's too prevalent in most. Plus, I was overdue for a monitor calibration. Still, she is happy with them.... especailly since I removed the teen blemish on her left chin. I think we'll have another go at it soon. Hopefully I can correct my mistakes.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Most reactions

Back