Portrait Shoot

fl_chic96

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some photos of a portrait shoot I did awhile ago. Please let me know what you think. Couldn't get this little girl to smile for anything! :grumpy:

2298968694_114fc5163a.jpg

2298172485_81d495abdc.jpg

2298968694_114fc5163a.jpg

Duh, I posted the same pic twice....Here is the other one I meant to post.

2298967478_8c33938a79.jpg

These are great. So what if the child wouldn't smile, it happens. Her eyes are sharp which counts for a lot! Simply background. I like it.

All of them came out quite, but on #2.... there's a problem.... - her hands are there but... what's this?

OH MY GOD SHE HAS NO FINGERS!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!

A shame, really. Otherwise, great job.

BTW I see hotspots on her left shoulder on the first two (three if you count the duplicate).

I didn't even notice the hand thing....Looks kinda funny now that I see it. i will have to take the hot spots out.Thank you for the replies.

my kids never smile for a professional photographer.
one of the reasons I decided to get myself a half decent camera and learn to use it.

but I like those shots, I'd be plenty satisfied if that was my baby.

Nice shots. Her eyes would be awesome with a catchlight.

Nice shots! I agree that bringing out the eyes would really finish these shots off!

Something like this maybe?
44.jpg

Kanikula,

Fantastic job on the eyes. How did you do that? What software do you use?

Respectfully,
divertwo

Kanikula,

Fantastic job on the eyes. How did you do that? What software do you use?

Respectfully,
divertwo

Using photoshop CS3, I brightend up the eyes using the dodge tool, then created a new layer and used a white brush (set at "soft light" blend mode), changed the opacity of that layer down to around 50% to avoid them from being too white. Then i created another layer (set to colour blend mode) chose a nice blue and went over the eye colour, again changing the opacity to around 30%

I hoped that helped, im sooooo rubbish at explaining workflows!! LOL

KK x

Wow! It's amazing what a difference that made. I will have to try it on another photo. How do you choose a blue that doesn't look fake? Mine always look really fake.

Most reactions

Back