Portrait studio pieces

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are some cool and cheap accessories (and names of online retailers, or regular retailers) for a portrait studio?

Such as ones for school pictures?

Pieces such as backdrops (backgrounds), lighting with umbrella? OTher pieces such as those, Where can I get that and get information on them? I am a novice in this and want to know more? WHere should I start? THanks!

There are links to the upper right of the page...B&H and Adorama. Either of those will have anything you could want for a portrait studio.

Thanks, what are those called? The Lights with embrellas?

Lights....with Umbrellas....that's what they are called. :scratch::lol:

There are primarily two types of lighting for studio photography. One is constant lights....these would be like a typical lamp. It could be incandescent or fluorescent bulbs etc. With this type of lighting...the light is always on, so you are seeing what the photo will look like. Some cons to this type of lighting is that you need a lot of power in order to get a good shutter speed and a usable DOF. Also, they can get hot.

The other type of lighting is strobe (flash). These lights are usually preferable for studio photographers because the burst of light is quite fast, which helps to get clearer photos. You don't really see what you will get and you probably need a flash meter to find your exposure.

Most reactions

Back