Portraits-A Lot of Them

LivingShinigami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I'm an art student and I had to make portraits. In the end I only have to have 1 good portrait, but I currently have 56 pictures I could use and I'm having a hard time selecting.

I know 56 is a lot of pictures but I'd appreciate it if someone could take a quick look and give me some advice on which pictures are good and which are not, or what I could do to make them better. I'm just a beginner...

So, I don't know if we're allowed to link to another website, but I guess 56 is a bit too much to show here so:
http://eddy-pooh.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!4301C41FFDFAFC14!1366/?ViewType=4

EDIT: Since it's not viewable without permission I've made a small selection, so C&C on these pictures might be helpfull for other pictures too.

SMarri1BW.jpg

SMaru5.jpg

SMaru11.jpg

SSanne1BW.jpg

SSanne7BW.jpg

SSanne4.jpg

link says: "you need to have permission to view this space."

and im not particularly in the mood to sign up for a space.

Yah, I have a windows live login from something else, but it still wouldn't let me view them. Locked me out....I would take a look, if I could get to them!! CHRiS

Take a look at the Professional Portraits and Weddings section on this site at the top where it says Tips for Portraits.

Looking through some of those tips, you should have a better idea of how your portraits fit with some of the criteria mentioned. Then pick a few and submit asking for a critique. In considering the value of the critiques, the more specific the comments are on elements of the your portrait, the greater the likelihood of other experienced photographers seeing the same thing.

skieur

I made a small selection, but I also changed some settings on my space so it might work now...

Out of the photos that you posted the first holds my attention the most.

If picking one it would be the first photograph.

Your white balance in 2&3 are blinding and puts off a haze.

4&5 look very posed.

6. has the foot chopped.

your first photo seems the most natural & well composed.

Most reactions

Back