portraits

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im doing some portraits for my boss and his kid and need some ideas and some tips on things to look at while im doing so. anyone care to share?

very general question... indoor, outdoor?? are you asking about lighting, equipmentment, posing, camera settings? maybe say what you're use to shooting or experience.. and if there's a location...??

Things to look at while taking pictures???

Better look at the subject matter through the view finder, better make sure the settings are correct, you might want to not look directly into you flash/ lighting.you might want to look at the shot after you take it to see if you actually know what you are doing.
You might also LOOK into researching lighting, rather than ask people to tell you how to do it.

im doing some portraits for my boss and his kid and need some ideas and some tips on things to look at while im doing so. anyone care to share?

I agree very vague question... however I suggest picking a nice location that lends itself to quality photography, I mean a good photographer can make any location work but why not start off with a great location, did they leave that up to you? :confused:

Things to look at while taking pictures???

Better look at the subject matter through the view finder, better make sure the settings are correct, you might want to not look directly into you flash/ lighting.you might want to look at the shot after you take it to see if you actually know what you are doing.
You might also LOOK into researching lighting, rather than ask people to tell you how to do it.

You might want to LOOK at the op before you go on a tangent to see what I was looking for.

1. Looking for ideas - hey a pose of them in a swing really close while they are playing or maybe even dad pushing son in swing to show them having fun. Have him standing over his sons crib while he sleeps.

2. Thing to look at - make sure your lighting is not to harsh on thier faces and their eyes aren't half shut or squinting. Also, (assuming you've done portraits before) this is a good setting, aperture, shutter speed and blah blah.

Also you may find the word "tips" in there that you should be able to differenchiate between that and 'tell me how to do it'.

You might want to LOOK at the op before you go on a tangent to see what I was looking for.

Its hard to look at the original post when it has been edited to read correctly, unlike what I responded to.

Its hard to look at the original post when it has been edited to read correctly, unlike what I responded to.

Edited? I haven't edited a thing. You quoted my original post so reread what you quoted cause I'm pretty sure I can't edit you comments. Thanks for trying though

Actually someone else quoted so just read what they quoted

I guess your right, however I stand behind my tips and ideas. :sexywink:

My self portraits just don't come out good. Why? Just a very few do most don't. I'm a fairly decent looking woman, but pics don't look anything like me. Got a wedding coming up, and I'd sure like to take some decent ones. Can any one help please!! Oh do you look at the lens of the camera, or look directly at the camera? I think I look at the lens most of the time.

Thanks guys!

Most reactions

Back