Possible Trade

brian_f2.8

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im lookin to get rid of my Nikon gear. I'm thinking of switching to Canon(less expensive). I would like to trade the following,

Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR for a Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS I
Nikon sb-900 for a comparable Canon flash(only canon high end)
Nikon 50mm f1.8 D for Canon 50mm
I'm looking to trade all of this. My reason is instead of buying just a D3, I can buy 2 7D's for the same price. Then I'll eventually buy a 16-35 f2.8 and long glass is much cheaper. Just looking to see what's out there. I will consider trading to individuals only if I can get rid of the 70-200 and the flash. The 50 is not a deal breaker.
All the listed equipment is in very good condition. I will take pics and post later.

I am located in CT

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help you with any of your trades, but I wouldn't exactly say that a D3 and a 7D are in the same "weight class." A 7D is more like a D300s, which is exactly the same price.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do; it's a free country. Here's some quick comparisons to consider before changing platforms just because of price, though:
* 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II/IS II Nikon $2400, Canon $2500
* Nikon D800 $3000, Canon 5D mk III $3500
* Nikon 50mm f/1.4D $370, Canon 50mm f/1.4 $400

Good luck with sale/trade.

You're wasting your time if you think switching brands will suddenly make you a better photographer...

I know they are not the same but the 7D is still very good. I am also considering 2 Nikon D7000's if I do not switch brands. I know the D7000 is a very good camera and better than the 7D(snapsort.com). I am interested in the 8fps at 18mp resolution. All I can say is that its not my first camera or my last. More than likely Ill just buy a D3, nothing wrong with asking.

Never said it would make me a better photographer, just that glass is cheaper. I have shot with a photo journalist from speed who uses the 7D(John Dagys). Again only looking to see IF someone would trade.

If anyone wants to trade, I would prefer to meet in person for your benefit as well as mine(ensure gear works, compare condition etc...)

Most reactions

Back