Post a photo of a photographer taking a photo! Photoception!

US Nationals Indianapolis,In
21325188635_1b772cb71c_b.jpg

Caught this one a few months ago at Whiteface Mountain in the Adirondacks. He was shooting a two row pano of the village of lake placid several thousand feet below. His D810 and RRS tripod setup made me jealous for sure. Super cool guy, was on a long road trip up the east coast from his home in Texas.

I ended up talking to him after I took the shot and emailing him a copy for free.. because how often do we as photographers get images of ourselves?

i-qWWfmrW-XL.jpg

Well, dreams, they feel real while we're in them right? Its only when we wake up then we realize that something was actually strange.
_DSC1506.jpg

Capturing cascading water and color
by Peeb-OK, on Flickr

My nephew at Big Cedar Missouri. Sad story, really.

We went on a nature walk together and came upon this lovely waterfall just before sunset. He set up his tripod for a long exposure of the water and hiked on a bit further since I had cleverly forgotten my tripod and I was tired of pestering him to borrow his. When I looked back I saw him setting up for the shot and I liked the light so I stopped and captured this. One of my favorites now.

OK- the sad part is that he he thought he really had a super nice shot until he got home and pulled it up on his computer. He had completely forgotten that he had been experimenting earlier with back-button focus so that EVERY shot on the hike was out of focus since he had forgotten to use the proper button and it was not obvious on the little LED screen on the camera. Ugh!

Pentax P30T, 50mm f/2, Tri X

I luv my finger, I luv my phone, I luv that my finger is my phone... and that my shadow is of an old man
I luv my finger.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back