Post limit to have an avatar?

FBPB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I am just wondering if there is a post limit one has to reach before being able to have a custom avatar. I tried to upload one, but the PNGs I tried seem to crash the forum (forcing me to do a reload). I've let it for 15 minutes to upload a 256k file.. Always the same issue..

Thanks,
FB

Hi all,

I am just wondering if there is a post limit one has to reach before being able to have a custom avatar. I tried to upload one, but the PNGs I tried seem to crash the forum (forcing me to do a reload). I've let it for 15 minutes to upload a 256k file.. Always the same issue..

Thanks,
FB

Thanks for letting us know. I've reported this to bring it to admin attention to see what the issue is. If there's any other information you can give us, it would be helpful. (E.g. Do you get a specific error message? Is the image at least 200 x 200 pixels?)

Hi all,

Thanks,
FB

Thanks for letting us know. I've reported this to bring it to admin attention to see what the issue is. If there's any other information you can give us, it would be helpful. (E.g. Do you get a specific error message? Is the image at least 200 x 200 pixels?)

Thanks for replying so quickly!

No, there is no error message. There is only the little circle going around, with nothing happening. The image is never uploaded.

Image is 467 x 423 (not a perfect square).

Browser is Firefox 87 (latest build).

Mac OSX Mojave

I tried resizing to 320x320, a perfect square. Nothing changed.

I tried with Brave, no change.

This is the window it hangs on.. I can upload image to a post, but not the avatar.

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 18.13.20.png

I tried resizing to 320x320, a perfect square. Nothing changed.

I tried with Brave, no change.

This is the window it hangs on.. I can upload image to a post, but not the avatar.

View attachment 205318

You said it was a PNG file. Have you tried a JPEG? I'm also looking at what I can see of the file name in your screenshot and it may be that the file name is throwing things off. Maybe try renaming it with no - or . characters and also try it as a JPEG.

Seems to be working now. don't know why as I was having the same problem when trying to upload.. Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Back