Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

...finally got this roll in the scanner. The retired '39 International was a good subject.
Hasselblad 500C, Planar 80mm, Acros 100, D76 1:1

sz.jpg

First roll in a couple of years. RB67 65 mm lens Portra 400. Color correction Austin Healey.jpg , sharpening, vignette in post.

Got back some scans from a couple rolls I sent to The Darkroom. Never used them before—beautiful scans, shame that sending them from Canada is so expensive or I'd use them all the time.

Voigtländer Bessa R, Portra 400 (shot @ 200, developed normally)
000372730024.jpg

Nikon FE, FPP Low ISO 1.6 (set camera to 12, +2 EV, opened up an extra stop)
000372740009.jpg

That portrait is virtually 3D. I love my voightlander 58mm 1.4 for it's color and 3D look. Did you add any light on the portrait subject with a reflector or flash?

That portrait is virtually 3D. I love my voightlander 58mm 1.4 for it's color and 3D look. Did you add any light on the portrait subject with a reflector or flash?
Nope, it was just a basic metering from the camera. Didn't edit the scans in any way either.

Then that 3D effect is lens and ambient light. The reason I love zeiss planars, distagon and voighlander low element lenses on my 35 mm film and digital cameras. I'm guessing you were stopped down to say f/8 or 11 and left the background identifiable to give context. Shooting wide open with fast glass with the bg a wash of color is easy. Try stopping down a 22 element lens and you won't get this effect, depth with subject sharp/bg blurred, instead you get a flat image with no depth, little micro contrast that a low element count lens does produce. The b&w from those low element count lenses, after only contrast, is stunning instead of muddy shadows.

D7C1A59C-8C75-402D-941E-CFCC75318051.jpeg
From my second roll through a QRS Kamra from 1928. Seems to like triX, and seems to be focus set for Portrait distance. Developed in Caffenol, getting to Like the stuff, and glad to find it works good in trix. That the QRS imaged this well blows me away!

Awesome

Good to see you're already shooting the K1000, TarterTurtle!

Nice. Are those your grandpa's photo albums? looks like there are quite a few.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back