2gt9oaa.jpg

28tusle.jpg

2jc7s4z.jpg

2100gn8.jpg

211s009.jpg

351wqyb.jpg

5d0194.jpg

e.rose said:
I'm not sure which set of images I should post... but... I guess I'll just go with... LITERALLY the very first ones...

These were posted all in one post... taken with a P&S... one of those "Do I have what it takes?" type posts. :lol:

I didn't ask that in my post, but it was something along the lines of, "So I'm trying to learn about photography even though I don't have my camera yet... tell me what you think about these so I can learn from them" kind of thing.

Dude... I thought this one was SOOOOO cooool.... :lol:

EVERYONE! EVERYONE! COME SEE HOW GOOD MY PICTURES LOOK! :biglaugh:

E. rose!!!!! You're back!!

If you got a like, that means they were that bad, OR the processing is that bad. lol

These were from my very first post on October 20, 2010...a year ago tomorrow! Too many photos for one topic, this I learned. :greenpbl:

DPP_500-427-800-600-100-wm-right_bottom-100-signaturepng.JPG

fall5-422-800-600-100-wm-right_bottom-100-signaturepng.jpg

DPP_0015-183-800-600-100-wm-right_bottom-100-signaturepng.JPG

DPP_0059-160-800-600-100-wm-right_bottom-100-signaturepng.JPG

DPP_0065-164-800-600-100-wm-right_bottom-100-signaturepng.JPG

IMG_4012_1-432-800-600-100-wm-right_bottom-100-signaturepng.jpg

IMG_4072_1-433-800-600-100-wm-right_bottom-100-signaturepng.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

This is one of the first pictures I shot with my camera.

Erose, I wasn't around when you first started posting, but I was for your more recent stuff (even though you havn't posted in a coons ages), and I must say, you have come a LONG LONG way!

Thanks! :sillysmi:

I haven't posted in a while because I've been out on tour. I'm finally home now and trying to organize and catch up aaaaannnnnd... HOPEFULLY I'll be posting again soon :biggrin:

Mixed shots, including bokeh experiments with old lenses.

Greetings,

I'm new to the forum so let me start by describing my situation. I don't consider myself a "real" photographer because I generally only use my camera(s) at special occasions such as holidays and birthdays though I have been told by several people that I have a good eye for it. As you might imagine, most of my pictures require little skill or knowledge to pull off, especially with today's cameras being so smart. I have however come across a challenge.

My nieces are showing horses at the our jr county fair and as usual I am in charge of the photography. Everything was going great until one of the shows ran long and it got dark. Basically I'm struggling between the need for a short exposure because my subject is in motion with the need for a long exposure due to the low light setting. I have been experimenting with my camera's shutter, aperture, and ISO settings but I can't seem to get the picture quality high enough. Does anyone have any tips on how to nail down the settings I need?

My camera is a Kodak EasyShare Z812IS and I have included a daytime and nighttime shot for comparison.

Day
100_0539.jpg

Night
100B0590.jpg

I don't know if it's against the rules but I have also added my response when someone suggested I invest in a DSLR camera. Just thought most would get a kick out of it.

your day shots are a little out of focus. i would definitely use a tripod and step up to a DSLR to get those shots.

Yeah, I don't see myself paying $500+ for a camera...

Upgrading to an SLR would also help you because you can do continuous shots. This way out of a series from 1-2 seconds of movements you can get multiple frames allowing your family members to pick which one the horses composure looks best in.

The camera I have has a burst setting, as for an SLR camera, see the above response.

I appreciate the suggestions but as I said in my first post 99% of my pictures are of kids opening birthday/Christmas presents or blowing out candles ect. Though I suppose I should invest in a tri-pod.

How would a tripod help?

How would a tripod help?

I'm assuming that he thought it would stabilize the camera so I could use a longer shutter speed and pan maybe? :scratch:

I wasn't sure at the time but I knew a tripod would come in handy.

[h=2] I'll play...from 6th August 2010. I got ONE response from over 300 views. :)

Songs of the Sea...[/h]
Hi, I'm a new guy here and this is my first post. I am already a member of a couple of other photography discussion forums, but I work on the principle that you can never get enough critique and guidance if you want to improve your photography!

Here are a couple of shots I took on an overcast day. The musicians are dressed in traditional sea-faring costumes and playing "Songs of the Sea". They were under a white canvas, and I shot with no flash, trying to avoid harsh shadows etc.

How do they look?

Oh!, and yes, she is playing a trombone AND a drum at the same time :shock:

Pirate Musicians 2 by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Pirate Musicians 1 by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Images should link to Flickr for viewing larger...

Thanks
Craig

Most reactions

Back