Photo Feedback

miguelmolez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI just starting out in photography. Took this one of my girlfriend in a butterfly sanctuary. Any feed back welcome :)
nikkinice.jpg

Last edited:
HI just starting out in photography. Took this one of my girlfriend in a butterfly sanctuary. Any feed back welcome :)
photostream
Okay, that's odd; I can see the image when I enter the link in the address bar, but it's not working with the 'img' tags. Someone with a more up-to-date browser will need to deal with that.

With respect to the image, it's a nice enough shot of some yellow flowers, and there's a very out-of-focus person in the background. Make sure that you know where your camera is focusing when you press the shutter. This one should probably go straight to the bit-bucket.

Thaks for the feedback, very early days for me. Still learning :)

Closing tag is incorrect. This is what is should be. [/IMG] and it is not a link to an image but the path to the image on Flickr. Grab the BB code from Flickr and post that.

Also I was aiming for the out of focus of the background. Thoughtit looked cool in a way? :(

Its in Flickr, cant seem to get it right. Can any one help? thanks

Also I was aiming for the out of focus of the background. Thoughtit looked cool in a way? :(
It does, but if this is supposed to be a picture of your girlfriend, than she really should be in focus. The idea of using the out-of-focus background technique is to make the subject stand out from surroundings. If she's out-of-focus, than she doesn't really stand out...

It does, but if this is supposed to be a picture of your girlfriend, than she really should be in focus. The idea of using the out-of-focus background technique is to make the subject stand out from surroundings. If she's out-of-focus, than she doesn't really stand out...
Fair comment. *goes back to drawing board*

I think if you had a faster shutter speed and at least got the butterfly it would be a decent photo. The image may say that you find a butterfly more beautiful than your girlfriend though and that might not be a great idea.

I think if you had a faster shutter speed and at least got the butterfly it would be a decent photo. The image may say that you find a butterfly more beautiful than your girlfriend though and that might not be a great idea.
That would get me in a lot of trouble if she thought that! But yeah would of been cool to get the butterfly sitting there without moving. I used her dads cannon to take the shots, but will be getting the Nikon d3100 this Friday, will be venturing out to take some autumn/fall shots. Will hopefully have some decent shots :)

personally i feel people are more interesting then bugs. especially women.

It bothered my eye to go from a blurry person to a blurry butterfly to yellow flowers. I would have rather seen her in focus and/or the butterfly then the flowers. She would have been more interesting and it upset my brain to not be able to focus her. If that makes sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back