Post your Sigma 70-200 Pics!

Just got it from the UPS guy and hour ago. Here's the first few!
4208875291_d0bc563701.jpg

4208893501_91d6a81b03.jpg

4208877751_bc53c99153.jpg

TJ

It's amazing! Much better than even I expected and feels really solid. I wasn't expecting it to weigh what it does especially after having my 35 1.8 mounted lol. The focus is like lightning bolt fast! To catch my dogs running at full speed has to be fast!
TJ

ya haha before the weight was the camera and now it's that 2.8 baby.
:D

Got mine yesterday, used... this is the old model (2004) but the price was right and I'm quite pleased with the results!

Edit, I'll have to wait until I can upload it somewhere that actually works :lol:
ACT_1288.jpg

Last edited:
The second one is pretty awesome! Damn that little twig in the front grrr.
TJ

The second one is pretty awesome! Damn that little twig in the front grrr.
TJ
i dont mind the twig, blends into the background and almost creates a frame, draws my eye right o the lil critter

Hey TJ. How is the lens working out? Having any regrets about the lack of IS? Im asking because i want to go the 70-200 route and am not sure if i want the IS f/4 or the non IS 2.8. Just wondering what you fellas with the experience have to say. cheers

I would take max aperture over IS any day of the week.

You guys should post up which version you have. I had an older "waffle" grip version (I think the first DG, not sure), and it was terrible wide open. Stopped down to F4 though, it gave some seriously sharp images. Shooting newspaper, or anything else for that matter, there was a very obvious soft glow to all the images wide-open, and a crazy lack of contrast. Not that I'm one of those "peepers", I just wanted to test the lens when I first got it, and the rumors were true about its softness.

Does anybody know which versions tend to be the sharpest? I'm just curious. I imagine Sigmas newest rendition is probably the sharper of all, but who knows?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back