Postcard or Photo?

charleslee1984

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, my name is Charlie coming from Canada. I have a question about photo and postcard. Which one can fade resistant longer than the other?

photo printed on what paper? what ink? see, noone can answer this vague and obtuse question without more details. Why do you ask it?

Printing paper is fujifilm crystal archive compare with the postcard we can buy at Walmart.

Archival ink? I honestly couldn't give you data to back my supposition that given quality paper and ink the printed photo would fade slower than a postcard in 'normal' atmospheres. Certainly the quality will be much higher, dependent on the photographer, of course.

Fujifilm makes about 7 different Crystal Archive papers.

Some of the papers are for inkjet printing and some are for chromogenic printing (light sensitive dye emulsions in the paper that have to be developed chemically).

If Wal-Mart is printing your photos on the post cards, they are likely using the same Fuji Frontier inkjet printing machine for both postcards and photos. Your best bet is to ask the people at Wal-Mart.

The type light to which the prints are exposed over time will also affect differently the images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back