posting pics for dummies

ckboucher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok seriously. i need a crash course in posting pic in a thread. I must be dense or something. ugh. I put the URL in and it just brings up a box with an X in it.
help...
Kim

If it's bringing up a box with an x in it, you're not using the right url. The URL must end in .jpg or it won't work.

For example, if you go to flickr and look at all sizes, there's a box down at the bottom that has the url for the file, not the page. Or you can right click on the image and choose 'copy image location' or something similar and just paste that between the img tags.

If it's bringing up a box with an x in it, you're not using the right url. The URL must end in .jpg or it won't work.

For example, if you go to flickr and look at all sizes, there's a box down at the bottom that has the url for the file, not the page. Or you can right click on the image and choose 'copy image location' or something similar and just paste that between the img tags.

Ok, I maybe making myself look stupid...but I am just not getting this. I am using Flickr...but I dont follow.
what do you mean "look at all sizes"

Flickr has changed their format, so there's two possible ways to do this.

On the old school version, somewhere at the top of your photo (not in your photostream) it will say "All Sizes." Click on that and find the size you want to post. There will be choices like Square, Small, Medium, Large and Original. Once you find the size you want to post, go down to the bottom of that page and find the address that ends in 'jpg.' Copy that, paste it into your message and surround it with img (
) tags.

On the newer version (which I'm not sure I like) you have to click on the photo, then go to 'Actions' in the upper left corner of the photo. Click on it to pull down a menu. Choose "View All Sizes" then determine which size you want to post. Right click on that image and choose "Copy Image Location" then paste into your message using the img tags.

Hope this helps.

Flickr has changed their format, so there's two possible ways to do this.

On the old school version, somewhere at the top of your photo (not in your photostream) it will say "All Sizes." Click on that and find the size you want to post. There will be choices like Square, Small, Medium, Large and Original. Once you find the size you want to post, go down to the bottom of that page and find the address that ends in 'jpg.' Copy that, paste it into your message and surround it with img (
) tags.

On the newer version (which I'm not sure I like) you have to click on the photo, then go to 'Actions' in the upper left corner of the photo. Click on it to pull down a menu. Choose "View All Sizes" then determine which size you want to post. Right click on that image and choose "Copy Image Location" then paste into your message using the img tags.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for being so detailed with me. I figured it out. Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back