Posting pictures ?

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have read the thread on posting pitures to TPF but I do not understand it. Do I have to have an online album to post a picture here? How do I paste a picture directly into a comment I have tried to use the insert image button but where do I get the URL address of an image I have stored on my CPU.

Also why does my avatar not show up correctly? it is not suppossd to look like that, do I need to resave to file in a smaller size? if so how do I do that?

Sorry for all the questions I am just getting into the Technical end of digital photography.

Firstly, don't panic - a lot of people have a bit of trouble with this.

Yes, you need to host images elsewhere, or buy a subscription. There is no way to link an image on your "CPU" to here unless you host a website (which presumably you don't).

Go to one of the sites mentioned in the posting section and get a free bit of webspace.

Resize your images to about 600x400 or thereabouts. Upload them to this free webspace and note the URL where they are.

Go to the test forum, create a thread and press the mountain button and put this URL into it and you picture should show up.

Your avatar was probably re-sized because it was greater than 100x100 or 24Kb. If you want, you can send me the original and I can optimise an avatar for you - it can be a bit tricky to get them looking decent!

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back