Poultry Portraits

jinx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not the most cooperative bunch...
Any suggestions? Good, bad, indifferent?

351210001.jpg

351210077.jpg

351210274.jpg

wow... I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that you have portraits of chickens. :lol: Ummm... why? I mean, it's cool... I actually think chickens are very cool... but what compelled you? I'm fascinated.

I think the cage material can be a bit distracting, so I like the DOF choice in 2. Overall I like 3 the best. It's a very "bold" portrait of that bird. I think it would have been nice to have more of his "crown" or whatever in the shot, ideally not chopped... regardless, I definitely feel like I want more of the bird in the frame, so I would have moved down and to the right more... barring that, crop SOME of the top and left. Not a ton, mind you... just abit.

Wow! I am completely in awe if the 3rd shot. I like the steel cage in this shot. If it were me, I'd crop the top down to get rid of the blurred thing on the left. The expression this chicken has is that of a prisoner. Nice!

:lol: Ummm... why? I mean, it's cool... I actually think chickens are very cool... but what compelled you? I'm fascinated.

I think the cage material can be a bit distracting, so I like the DOF choice in 2. Overall I like 3 the best. It's a very "bold" portrait of that bird. I think it would have been nice to have more of his "crown" or whatever in the shot, ideally not chopped... regardless, I definitely feel like I want more of the bird in the frame, so I would have moved down and to the right more... barring that, crop SOME of the top and left. Not a ton, mind you... just abit.

Thanks :D - the chickens were just the most interesting (and well lit) thing at the farm show. The kids had fun though...

Wow! I am completely in awe if the 3rd shot. I like the steel cage in this shot. If it were me, I'd crop the top down to get rid of the blurred thing on the left. The expression this chicken has is that of a prisoner. Nice!

Thank you!
Great advice about the cropping you guys... seems so obvious now that you've said it.

Hope this is not uncool, but I didn't want Jinx to feel like the only one being laughed at. So, as my first post with photos attached. I bring you, "Chicken Portraits"! This is our rooster, the kids call him "Rhino" :) C&C if you'd like, but I don't want to take from the OP's thread.

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

Tony, I like your first pic better than the second. (closer to Rule of Thirds)
I love the comtrast of the grass in the second, if only it's eye wasn't dead center.

op that first edit of that chicken is great, I can't think of any way you could do a better picture of a chicken. He looks like he is probably the king of the farm great job.

Who doesn't like chickens?

Very old photo from the old 2mp Fuji way before I ever came here to learn anything, but....

20030528chicken.jpg

And jinx, you either hate me for the shirt she's wearing, or love me. Which side you on? Should I yell out "Let's Go Pens!" with you, or should I say, "Sorry bout your luck in round 1, better luck next time...." :D

Most reactions

Back