Pouring with rain.... proverbially

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It doesn't rain, it pours! oh and don't let anyone tell you advertising doesn't work. hehehe :)

I volunteered for www.swim4kids.com.au and ended up getting a lot of business out of it. I met an agent on the boat and signed her up, then met another 2 agents unrelated to swim 4 kids but it happened at the same time and signed them up.

Then I had to shoot a Red Cross Function - which I'm still editing - should finish today.

Then I got a phone call out of the blue (yellow pages ad) to shoot a gr 7 formal next week, so need to buy a backdrop for that and get it express couriered up here to Brisbane.

Then last night, I got a phone call from a guy in Sydney asking if I could fly down there to take some photos for them on Thursday!!!! So I quoted him a good price, they're paying all my expenses like flying and transfers. It's a real high profile job too, so can't really mention more about it.

So I'm just waiting to hear back from him, but I'm pretty sure it's going to go ahead. Shall let you all know how it goes, and will post some shots after they're released.

So..... how frikkin awesome is that!!!!!! Networking pays off. hehehe That's my lesson for the week.

Oh and to continue my marketing... I'm sending out business christmas cards in a couple of weeks.

It's a variation of my business card.

Christmas Card:
xmascard.jpg

and here's my business card:
businesscard.jpg

And so does knowing some people on TFP who's mothers are in real estate ;). She comes back tomorrow so I can pass on your business card stack then.

tee hee hee. Sweet! Get her to call me. :)

Well unfortunately I just heard back from my friend in Sydney. It's all fallen through, the heads of the company decided they didn't want to spend money advertising something that is going to make them millions. Go figure. :-( Imagine if Coca-Cola said that!! Ha! They'd be the laughing stock of the village!

But anyway, At least he said he'll try to use me in the future.

Meysha, hope you don't mind, but I've moved this thread across to the 'General Shop Talk' forum. The 'Professional Portrait and Wedding Gallery' forum is intended to be used to show off your work, not as a discussion area. Again, hope you don't mind too much.

Sorry about that!! :-( i'm a bit stoopid at the moment with all this work going on. hehehehehe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back