Power

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've actually fished off there. In slightly less turbulent conditions mind.:D

Power-1-denoise-denoise.jpg

Wow! Is this your photo? Great! Do you have a color version?

:D:D:D:DThat made me laugh. Yeah, it's my photo, of course. Taken during a winter storm a wee while back. I'll see if I have the original in colour, if not I know I have colour ones taken at the same time.

Cheers!

I changed my PC a bit earlier this year and can't find the original colour of this one, it must be on an old HD somewhere. Here's one that was taken at the same time tho.

Pier-1-denoise-denoise.jpg

That's an incredible place. Wonder what the first would look like cropped just right of the bird, so the lighthouse isn't centered?

***The colored version nominated for POTM ;)

Last edited:
That's an incredible place. Wonder what the first would look like cropped just right of the bird, so the lighthouse isn't centered?

It's a brilliant place to get these types of pics in a storm. You can get to low level (reasonably safely;)) both on the side I too these from (sea side) and the other side (harbour side). I took these with the 24-105 f/4L and they are not heavy crops at all, so you can see I was pretty close.

I tried various crops and obviously didn't want to lose the bird. I take your point about the lighthouse being central but my thought was the eye of the breaker was the main focal point which is off center but I understand your comment.

Thanks again!

Now that's a shot! Love this one, the waves look great and you've timed the first one perfectly to keep the water draining off the wall but capture that lovely curve in the breaking wave. I really like the format and the bird in the picture. Even down to the wind trails sweeping the draining water back. The central placement of the lighthouse dosn't bother me as this one is all about the water.

Belter of a shot and one I'd love to have a crack at myself. Maybe one day I'll be u in the right conditions.

Now that's a shot! Love this one, the waves look great and you've timed the first one perfectly to keep the water draining off the wall but capture that lovely curve in the breaking wave. I really like the format and the bird in the picture. Even down to the wind trails sweeping the draining water back. The central placement of the lighthouse dosn't bother me as this one is all about the water.

Belter of a shot and one I'd love to have a crack at myself. Maybe one day I'll be u in the right conditions.

Wow, thanks very much Pete.

If you were wondering, I caught my only ever Viviparous Blenny off there :D

Just wow! That's magnificent! I agree with everything that's been said but my favorite feature is how the wind blows the water back. It's like two forces of nature fighting each other.

Just wow! That's magnificent! I agree with everything that's been said but my favorite feature is how the wind blows the water back. It's like two forces of nature fighting each other.

Thanks K.

You can bet I'll be back there this winter during a storm. It's well less than half an hour away from me.

No problem mate! I've never had one though a mate of mine had quite a few from the Clyde estuary recently. Ad loads of sea scorpions, never had a blenny or a rockling yet!

No problem mate! I've never had one though a mate of mine had quite a few from the Clyde estuary recently. Ad loads of sea scorpions, never had a blenny or a rockling yet!

You ain't missing much:D

Hats off to you! I'm still imagining how did you managed to take that picture :76:

Ya that’s a great shot. You can see the power of the water and wave. Great photo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back