Powershot G6?

peaches

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a beginner photographer and I'm looking at buying a Canon Powershot G6. I would just like to know what everyone thinks of this camera and would also like to know if anyone has any other alternatives they would recommend? One question I had about it was what kind of lens capabilities does it have as far as upgrades, etc?

I'm no fan of P&S but I frequently carry a G-series camera whenever I need something small and compact. Shot with the G1 and recently upgraded to the G5. Very good cameras and very SLR like (many of the same features).. shorter than the typical P&S shutter lag. The G6 has a very similar feel to my G5.

For accessories, I recommend getting an EX flash of some sort. The fullfeatured hot shoe is one of the biggest advantages the G-series has over almost all P&S cameras on the market. The indoor photos taken with good quality light from a bounce flash is far better than the puny (in your face) flash from the one built-in.

As for upgrades on the lens, your choices are limited. Anytime you place another glass in front, you are degrading the quality of the final image. If you want the flexibility of interchanging lenses, then you are better off with a DSLR rather than a high end P&S. If you still want to go this route, I have heard good things about lensmate.

http://www.lensmateonline.com/newsite/G6.html

Most reactions

Back