ronlane

What's next?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am sure that like me, a lot of you spend plenty of time reading and watching videos to improve your photograph. Well one of the channels that I subscribe to on youtube is Adorama TV. There are a lot of good videos and teachers on there. I watched a couple from Mark Wallace recently and finally got the chance this weekend to work on the exercises that he goes over in this 2 part video set.

and

Well here are my efforts from Sunday and Today. I am not 100% happy with them but it is making me think about my lighting and what I want out of the shot.

1) Still life with glass, porcelain and greenery. This was with one light, Flashpoint eVOLV 200 with a 38" octabox.

Mark Wallace exercise-15.jpg

2) My current favorite relaxation in a bottle. 2 lights for this one. Flashpoint eVOLV 200 in the 38" octabox and the new Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X in a bounce umbrella.

lighting practice-41-Edit.jpg

Watch the video's and give it a go yourself. Go ahead and post your images below.

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
@ronlane had I shot the last one the level on the bottle would likely have been much lower!

OP
ronlane

ronlane

What's next?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Photos OK to edit
@ronlane had I shot the last one the level on the bottle would likely have been much lower!

I totally understand. I just got this bottle a week or so ago, so I haven't really been in it much. I did take one for the team and empty the shot glass when I finished shooting.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for these. I find it much easier to learn when I have an objective.

OP
ronlane

ronlane

What's next?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for these. I find it much easier to learn when I have an objective.

You are welcome. Watching these videos are one thing, doing them is another. I was able to produce images that I was happy with but with the bottle, I was having trouble finding out where one of my highlights was coming from. Still don't know but was moving lights and putting up flags like crazy, when I couldn't find it, I finally gave up and decided that I would come back and try it another day. The bottle and shot glass are, in my opinion much better than the other image.

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
@ronlane anytime glass is involved you almost need a totally dark room. Reflections can come from strange places

OP
ronlane

ronlane

What's next?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Photos OK to edit
@ronlane anytime glass is involved you almost need a totally dark room. Reflections can come from strange places

Totally agree with you there. I got it as close as I possibly could. Next time I will pull out my light tent and try that.

Most reactions

New Topics