Praying Mantis

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am just glad this didn't jump on me. I know I would have screamed like a little girl:concern:

Praying Mantis 3.JPG

Praying Mantis 6.JPG

Nice shots just as a heads up if you see one near a hummingbird feeder please move it they will kill and eat hummingbirds

Nice! I'm jealous. I haven't seen a praying mantis around since I was a kid. Since I started macro I have been keeping my eye out but no luck.

Wow! Catching a hummingbird! Even with that picture Dean I didn't entirely believe it but I just saw a couple videos of them doing just that. Supposedly they are know the catch mice as well.

Whoah. Thanks for sharing that. Poor little thing. I wonder if it was healthy or maybe old/tired. I had no idea that a mantis could do that...
It was hard for me to believe when I first saw pics/heard about it too.

Nice! I'm jealous. I haven't seen a praying mantis around since I was a kid. Since I started macro I have been keeping my eye out but no luck.

Wow! Catching a hummingbird! Even with that picture Dean I didn't entirely believe it but I just saw a couple videos of them doing just that. Supposedly they are know the catch mice as well.
I was very happy to see it too. I don't see them very often. I was walking around an area planted for butterflies, birds and bees when I saw it. I remember saying something out loud in thanks!

Most reactions

Back