What's new

precarious trail

afoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
253
Reaction score
148
Location
Vancouver BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a beautiful trail down to the beach from one of the camping spots i stayed while on my roadtrip.
I really love this image, but am not sure if its because of the awesome memory, or if the photo is interesting.
c&c please :D


trail by abbye dahl, on Flickr
 
I like the color and processing you got on this, but even though it's so slight, the horizon being off level really is throwing my eyes off. It's almost like the water is running out the left side of the image.
 
I like. I actually didn't notice the slight tilt, but now its driving me nuts!
 
gah! always the stupid horizon! i checked it in lightroom and it is straight... i guess its just one of those images
 
I like the shot. All the lines really draw you in and help move your eye around the whole photo.
 
gah! always the stupid horizon! i checked it in lightroom and it is straight... i guess its just one of those images

are you correcting for lens distortion? That can give the optical illusion of crooked horizons
nope! and a good point, i should start doing that
 
[QUOTE i checked it in lightroom and it is straight][/QUOTE]

Scroll the image up the page here with the bottom of the browser tool bar and line it up with the horizon at the point it meets the land, you will see the slight tilt. My old eyes can't see fine detail, but I always know when I'm tilted. lol

I still really like the image.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom