What's new

Prego shoot of my wife(C & C GREATLY appreciated)

chris182

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 3, 2010
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few shots I took of my wife the other day. I am new to photography as well as TPF so likes/dislikes are greatly appreciated! This was my first time shooting indoors. Thanks


DSC_0051.jpg


DSC_0180-1.jpg


DSC_0079.jpg


DSC_0173_edited-1.jpg


DSC_0235.jpg


DSC_0061_edited-1.jpg
 
How can you c&c a pic with a pregnant women in it - - they are all beautiful.
The only little bit of c&c is about the black cloth - try enhancing the blacks a little to get rid of the creases etc
Congrats on the upcoming event
 
Congrats on the life changing even that is coming to you!
Ok, you said greatly appreciated, remember that!

Im sure you see that these don't look like some of the other stuff you have seen on the site or where ever, so im going to tell you why. You have no separation between your subject and your background. fortunately for you, I have found that black backgrounds are the easiest to achieve this, so I am going to give you pointers to get you heading in the direction. You need more light. like, light coming from the sides, and above her/at her. I don't know if you have any flashes or anything but they would do a great deal to help you out, especially if you could shoot them off the hot shoe. I like your name idea, and I like most of your poses. Keep it up! Can't wait to see all the photos of the new baby!!
 
Thanks. I do not have any other flashes besides the pop up thats on the camera. They were taken the in the living room so I tried to use all the natural light that I could,plus the pop up so I was kind of just working with what was available to me although I know nothing about lighting techniques being that I just got the camera in November, so I appreciate your input. I believe the only way to get better,although compliments are nice and boost your confidence,others input is one of the best ways I think to improve and open your eyes to other things so I take it with stride.(besides practice,reading,etc.) Thanks
 
First one? Congrats!

Get some sleep, quick!
 
I'm with EVERYONE and YES, get sleep. MY young one is 3months now, I've yet to get more then 5hrs of sleep/night.
 
yes this is our first and she is expected any day now....seems that the word sleep has been said by everyone I talk to..haha...still cant wait though
 
Congrats! spend all the time you can with him they grow so fast I miss the first 10 months of my Baby Boys Life becuse i was Deployed to Iraq for a year,but i'm back now and loving every min i can spend with him He is now a one Year old.. have fun Take a lot of Photos..
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the kiddo... We're expecting one any day now as well. Exciting, isn't it?? Funnily enough, my wife's name is Alexis. Heh.
 
I like the last one the best. Some more contrast might help though... did you already do some editing? Otherwise, I think you did great for shooting indoors with just a pop-up flash. I rarely use flash because it looks so artificial but yours turned out pretty good. I wonder if the black background affects this?

Congrats, and good luck with those baby shots!!!
 
Congrats on the new addition!
Very nice shots for just starting out. I'm not going to beat a dead horse repeating what everyone else has said.
Here's something that helped me a TON (I Can't remember if we're allowed to link to other websites or not, so if not, please edit it out or tell me so I can)
Not sure what type of camera you have, but you can tape a piece of white paper in front of your flash to diffuse it a little and soften the light that it gives off. You can also use this to bounce the flash a little and get some fill.
Here's an example, albeit it's done on a Nikon SB-400 Flash (Which I must say is a NICE starter flash, but if you have the money and you're using a Nikon, pop the extra $80 and get the SB-600)
Nikon SB-400
 
congratulations to you and your wife!

The last two are my fav of the set.
 
Congrats. I agree with the others. Looks like you'll have a new photo subject soon. :)
 
Id bump the curves in the B&W conversions... theyre too gray rather than B&W and look "flat".

Congrats - she looks GREAT for being due anyday!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom