Preparing for a Kanye moment at an award ceremony...

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Turns out, I'm an award winning photographer. Shazam!

Well, as true as this is. I'd prefer not to think of myself as an "award winning photographer" because it comes with a lot of pretentious baggage.

Back in April I was asked by the editor of the newspaper I work at to submit a mini portfolio; one photo for each of the categories that I could fill (front page photo, feature photo, editorial portrait, etc). Months had passed, and I hadn't heard anything. Back in July however, we receive notice that we've won a few awards, some for editorial, advertising, and one (that I know of) for photography.

Needless to say, out of the strong shots I included in my portfolio, I think for sure that the one that they chose was the ****tiest. It was a photo I took when I was very new to photography, and I don't feel like it's "award worthy".

So the award ceremony is this weekend, 2 hours away from the Bath/Brunswick area near where I live. It's a day long event. What I am picturing for an outcome is them displaying the photo I took, and then Kanye West to run out of the crowd and say "O hey, Tyler. Imma let you finish, BUT THIS PHOTO IS NOT SATISFACTORY PLZ GTFO IMMEDIATELY".

So yeah, here's the photo. I'm not trying to talk it up (obviously). Hopefully you can see why I am unsatisfied with their choice.

2jakahf.jpg

"Beyonce had the best video...eva"

Oh....wait...no...takes another swig off that bottle of Hennesy...I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING A KANYE....THE PHOTO IS OKAY>>>SOMETIMES THINGS GET OUTTA CONTROL> OPRAH I HAVE TO SKIP THE SHOW....XX...Kanye

Its a nice shot, I'd throw it on the wall.

Something similar happened to me, I submitted some photos for a local community arts show, found out I had to put a price tag on them as they would be up for public sale. I didn't really want to sell my shots so I figured $50 would scare off any potential buyers... turns out I was wrong.

I am getting a red x...everyone else seeing the photo??

I am getting a red x...everyone else seeing the photo??

I am getting a red x also, but I'm at work, and work turns half the photos here into red x's.

It has an interesting look to it though.

Bath/Brunswick? I live in Brunswick right now (assuming you mean Ohio since Bath is just a bit away). All of the Cleveland people should get a shoot together sometime. Still gotta hit downtown with Bitter sometime.

EDIT: Just occurred to me you could be talking about Maine. Disregard my entire post lol

Wierd...my phone works just fine with it....ISP not allowing it?

Ryan, you're really not missing much. Haha.

But I'll upload it to flickr and see if that fairs better.

5072356486_c462a6db83_b.jpg

It has an interesting look to it though.

Bath/Brunswick? I live in Brunswick right now (assuming you mean Ohio since Bath is just a bit away). All of the Cleveland people should get a shoot together sometime. Still gotta hit downtown with Bitter sometime.

EDIT: Just occurred to me you could be talking about Maine. Disregard my entire post lol

Haha, I laughed at this. Come visit Maine sometime. We've got all the same city names!

Congrats Tyler.......;)

I like the photo, but I can't see how you are unsatisfied without seeing at least a couple of the other shots :sexywink:

I like the photo, but I can't see how you are unsatisfied without seeing at least a couple of the other shots :sexywink:

Well, here you have it. Now you can compare and contrast the ferris wheel photos with the other that I submitted.

A Midcoast Life Cover photo

5072486700_e26238c7c2_z.jpg

Maine Maple Sunday

5071884717_3000a89432_b.jpg

Special Section Cover

5072486118_eaaab9cf96_b.jpg

Editorial photo

5071899903_d6637bf5fc_b.jpg

And I think those are all the ones I submitted....

Yea the others may be better, but you won an award. That's pretty cool either way. I'd frame the picture and hang it up. Haha start an award wall or something. Maybe you can fill it up some day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back