What's new

Prepped and Primed

stingx

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
7
Location
Weird, NJ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All set for a new riding season.

$IMG_0267a.webp
 
The background is busy and distracting, it would have helped immensely if you had shot this at a large aperture to blur the background (impossible with the bright lighting, I am sure). Have a lot of the metal (forks, wheel etc) that is totally blown out, too much blown out road, house and sky in the photo.

watch your backgrounds... if you are going to shoot in harsh light, try to keep the background at the same level as the bike. Use DOF to control the background. You could drop the exposure level a bit without losing detail, so I suspect you need to calibrate your monitor also.
 
I too feel the background is busy...but i really like this image.... the background is almost like a water color painting :D
 
Stingx, nothing much I can add that Charlie hasn't alluded to. You focused way too much of your attention on taking a solid snap shot of your bike as the proud owner, then concentrating on creating a great picture of your bike as a photographer. It's two entirely different things.
 
I didn't realize this got replies, and useful ones at that. Thank you, fellas. I thought the tree was distracting but I feel you are correct in that a blurred, out of focus background that's not so busy would have worked better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom