What's new

Presbyterian Memorial Church - St. Augustine...

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
1,265
Location
St. Augustine, Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been wanting to shoot this church for some time, and finally made it happen today.

The church was built by Henry Flagler, back in 1889, as a memorial to his daughter who died during childbirth.

The docents were a little dicey about me using a tripod, but relented after I pointed out that I was the only one in the church and that I would be sure to be mindful of anyone else who might come in.

Anyway, here are a couple of shots from the day:

1.
14262038973_e785ab5174_z.jpg


2.
14055217689_b68f60bb32_z.jpg


3.
14055201928_1e085c17c0_z.jpg


4.
14262047633_c4226bf98a_z.jpg


5.
14262035463_d6920f7d3a_z.jpg
 
1 looks the best to me. Pretty building. you seem to be lacking some symmetry in these and have a cut off in 3, I like pretty churches anyway so they have my "blessing" who cares about the critique. lol. well, you shot it. Plan on attending?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
To borrow a phrase from Dr. Robert Langdon: "Faith is a gift I have yet to receive". Ergo, I'm not likely to be in attendance on Sunday mornings. I certainly appreciate classic architecture, though.

On some I was going for symmetry, on others I was specifically trying not to be symmetrical. The way the pews are set up here, it makes using a tripod a challenge.

I definitely need something wider. I was using my 24-70mm f/2.8L, and it got close, but not nearly close enough...
 
They are very nice!!
i like #2 best as my eye goes right Into the photo. #4 next and I am sure you wanted to get that 'corner' in the top but weren't' able.
you sweet talker you :)
Nancy
 
I was there in March, when I went down for Bike week. That is a beautiful building. You did a great job of representing it.
 
Beautifully captured
 
Very nice indeed, I would have done my comp's a little differently but processed for the same look.
 
Very nice. I don't think I've ever seen any of your work, so this is a treat. Thanks for sharing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom