Presenting Proofs to Clients

Well I do have example albums and example coffee table books, but I don't do a hard proof for eveyone unless they pay for them. I do give them three generic prints so they can choose their desired finish.

I do also sell the normal photo junk (cups, shirts, etc,) but those I do not have examples of... they must have faith in the craptacular quality of their face on a coffee mug. :lol:

Are you talking about having an example album, or actually hard proofing everything?

website with flash is really easy way to show them to clients.
they get the large version of images without worry about copying it.
also they can look at them at their own pleasure and share it with their friends

I do give them three generic prints so they can choose their desired finish.

I do also sell the normal photo junk (cups, shirts, etc,) but those I do not have examples of... they must have faith in the craptacular quality of their face on a coffee mug. :lol:

Are you talking about having an example album, or actually hard proofing everything?

Haha, well, I haven't gone too much into the mug type of stuff and probably won't, but I do want to have example albums as well as hard proofs to show/give them.

Also, I'd like to be able to let them choose the type of finish they want as well which would be easier and cheaper to do in person rather than sending examples to every client.

I think the more I think about this, the more I am sure that I'll start having them meet me in person to get their proofs.

My clients do not get paper proofs at all. I either offer online viewing via Digilabs or via a 'viewing session' using ProSelect. In the near future, I'm going to go to 99% viewing sessions with there being no online gallery until after the viewing session. This is because sales from the viewing sessions are MUCH higher.

I havent done too many jobs yet where I have been paid, but IMO opinion, you should give your client the option for paper or online proofs. Remember they are paying for your services and anything you can do to give them more control will be well worth it to make the sale. People love having choices, and everyone has a preference.

Regarding the extras such as mug pictures or greeting cards, I wouldnt say no. If I dont have something set up for that in my current pricing sheet, but they specifically ask for it, I tell them that I will email a quote in 24 hours. That gives me enough time to do some comparisons on how much it costs to have it done and shipped to me, and then I mark up the product appropriately so that its a reasonable price for them and allows me to get compensated for my time. I have a disclaimer at the bottom of my pricing sheet and on my website that clearly states "I will be happy to send you a quote for any print sizes or specialty products that are not listed in the pricing chart."

Most reactions

Back