Pretty Awesome OLD Boat!

mrs.hankIII

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out to the "Equipment Graveyard" outside of the nearest bigger town in my area. Old guy collected heavy machinery and various other pieces of farm/construction equipment. First time going out there, an old truck caught my eye and that's why I wanted to. And then I found this cool boat. Now, I'm in BFE Illinois. I highly doubt this would have ever been on the Mississippi? Maybe though? Anyways, it's awesome. Felt like a kid in a candy store!

10300318_10152159900206829_2793153296637927998_n.jpg

That's a great find! Kinda cool to think where this might have been in its prime.

Nice one! Very clear contrast against the really blue cloudless sky! Did you edit this shot by any chance?

I did. I'll get the non edited one for ya! I don't think I had to do much with it though. Maybe I did? Been a long weekend!

And I can't even wrap my head around where this thing came from! Was NOT expecting to see it among all of the backhoes, generators, tractors, etc, etc!

Okay, here's the non edited version. If something could have been done different, PLEASE tell me so! Very open to C&C!

10527392_10152160064341829_3063720905282840052_n.jpg

I did. I'll get the non edited one for ya! I don't think I had to do much with it though. Maybe I did? Been a long weekend!

And I can't even wrap my head around where this thing came from! Was NOT expecting to see it among all of the backhoes, generators, tractors, etc, etc!

You never know what you could come across huh?

And I have no clue what the man junk shaped yellow thing is. I made it go bye bye.

I'm certainly going back there! So many cool things! Found the biggest generator I had EVER seen, and I came from a HUGE farm family so I've seen some rather large generators. I took a ton of shots of it just to show the hubby and he was pretty impressed.

And just because, here's the truck that pulled me in in the first place. Not impressed with this one.

10410457_10152157925006829_376737646164893937_n.jpg

I neutered it. That sounds better, haha!

That poor little yellow man junk shaped thing. I really can't figure out what it is, either. I didn't even notice it until I pulled it up on my laptop then thought "WTF are you?" It wasn't something on my lens, because it only appeared in the truck pictures. It's clearly not something concrete that you could touch, because I would have noticed it in person and it just doesn't...appear...right. So if someone could tell me how that happened, or what it is? Would appreciate it.

I would guess that small vessel some sort of river tug. Looks like it was mostly engine. Steel construction for strength. I betcha it pulled barges.

I would guess that small vessel some sort of river tug. Looks like it was mostly engine. Steel construction for strength. I betcha it pulled barges.
There's no mast, so unless it's been chopped off, it wouldn't have been a tow-boat, and with the poor visibility (and no clear-view screens) from the round scuttles, it seems even less likely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back