Pretty Awesome OLD Boat!

Hope you guys aren't expecting some brilliant photographs. Snapshots, that's what you're getting haha.

Who needs a job anyways?!

One thing I have to ask, because it's sparked a mighty discussion on another forum. My horizon isn't straight. Horizon isn't straight because there's a massive gully behind this boat. One can see that's true if they follow the shadow line on the corn on the left hand side. That being said, is there something I could have done to make it more straight than the way I took it?

Most photo editing packages have a straighten function, Which allows you to rotate the image as required (and will usually crop the image back to an even rectangle.

Yes, I've made good use of that function many, many times. But is THIS photograph not straight? Because I'm seeing a hilly area in the horizon, which doesn't lead to straight horizons. But the rest of the shot? I'm not seeing it not straight, but I guess someone is which is leading to this question.

It looks straight enough to me. I know horizontal horizons are very important to some people, even though few places are actually level. Water that's not level & not flowing certainly looks odd, but I don't always notice that in my shots. :blushing:

Looking at your shot the Horizons not horizontal, you have 2 choices, make it level anyway (even if it wasn't in real life) or ignore the moaners. Either would IMO be quite acceptable, I don't think it would look wrong if it was rotated to make it artificially horizontal (but I haven't tried it and might be wrong). You could also add something in the image to show the true level but I think that would be an unnecessary distraction so I'd rather you didn't.

Good luck with the interview!

I was leaning towards the person just being overly critical and moaning a bit. Can't make a naturally NOT straight horizon, straight.

Nah. I was going to use a giant level. Hhaha, NOT.

Okay, here's the non edited version. If something could have been done different, PLEASE tell me so! Very open to C&C!

10527392_10152160064341829_3063720905282840052_n.jpg

Ah now I see what you did there! You darken the rusty color of the boat! Call me crazy but I somehow prefer the non-edited version, seems more real and faded like how an old boat should be! Just an opinion=)

Actually the darkened one is closer to the real color of the boat. I know, sounds crazy. But the sun was washing out quite a bit of color.

Turns out, a friend of mine used to play on this all the time as a little kid. He says, as far as he knows, it's just a pleasure boat from the 40's or 50's. He's planning on buying it if any talk of scrapping it comes up.

No new pictures, sorry guys. Promise I'll get them within the week. Interview was long but went well, accepted an offer. Got home. Had to build fence, weed eat, mow the yard, get shoes on the horse. Busy, busy day!

Thanks! New job means better lenses!

Looks a little too shopped and super imposed. Maybe a little more noise at the side.

Most reactions

Back