Pretty happy with my metal print from Costco!

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first time printing on metal (also my first time printing large-ish. 16x42)
I have my monitor calibrated to their printer profiles, and I did an 8x10 test print for color and sharpness.

I couldn't find many reviews on these, so I was a little nervous during the wait- DH picked it up for me last night though, and I am quite pleased with the result!

Looks exactly how I envisioned it!

25926124148_cbeac8d407_b.jpg

Original file for reference
38573316705_2ee7b33dbb_o.jpg

Hey, that's nice! The picture of the print and the original digital source file look like a fantastic match! Whoopie!!!

Hey, that's nice! The picture of the print and the original digital source file look like a fantastic match! Whoopie!!!
Cant ask for anymore than that, right?! (well, I suppose theres also longevity, durability and price point. But 2 of those will be time tested- I guess well have to wait and see.)

Nice!!

Very nice! Looks identical to your original. Didn't know Costco did metal prints.

Looks great.
Hopefully it will last. I am also going to be trying a metal print from Costco soon.

Is there going to be a Snowy hanging on your wall in the near future?

That looks great!

I’ve gotten 4-5 metal prints with floating wall mount from Adorama pix and have been very impressed.

Good to see that Costco is also putting out decent quality.

I just received my 16X20 metal print and I have to agree that the quality was better than expected.
Attached are crappy cel pics and the original file at the end.
The metal print looks sharp with great colour representation.

metalprint.jpg

Snowy by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I need to do this soon. I love the Secret Santa print on metal that I got from @waday

A. Do you have to be a Costco member? We use BJ’s Wholsale instead...I don’t think they do metal prints but will investigate.

I need to do this soon. I love the Secret Santa print on metal that I got from @waday

A. Do you have to be a Costco member? We use BJ’s Wholsale instead...I don’t think they do metal prints but will investigate.
I don’t know what it is about it, but some images on metal just look fantastic :)

What is the reason for printing on metal? Is it the look or durability? How does one normally display a metal print?

What is the reason for printing on metal? Is it the look or durability? How does one normally display a metal print?

It’s a different look than people are used to seeing. It doesn’t have to be framed and placed behind glass. Generally the highlights take on a metallic look.

They’re usually a “floating mount” where it is suspended 1/2” or so off of the the wall and appears to be floating there. I have three of them now and love them. It’s my new favorite way to display my photos.

Most reactions

Back