What's new

Pretty little bee

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
274
Reaction score
25
Location
Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a photo shoot scheduled for yesterday but the lady stood me up:grumpy:, so I found this bee and took his photo. I dont really do wildlife, but I wanted to try. I may be mistaken, but this isnt 'macro' b/c I just used my 50mm lens right? f/5, 400iso 1/250. Thoughts?
$ee.webpOh also, no editing done.
 
Nope.. not Macro! True macro is 1:1 or lifesize! Flowers are pretty badly blown out in the background.. and it looks like a shadow (yours?) put dead, flat light on the bee... making it look a bit wonky!
 
Ok I see now the flat spot and over exposure. heres some edits, bumped down the exposure, added fill flash and sharpened the bee. Did I make it look anybetter?
View attachment 18833$ee1.webp
 
One problem i noted is placing the bee at or near the center. Even without bee, this would have been a good floral image :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom