Pretty Lizard!

jaxx419

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was on my way out my apt. yesterday and saw this little fella on the other side of my container gardens. The one time I didn't have my camera on me! So I quietly opened the door back up to grab my camera and switch from my 35 prime to my kit lens so I could zoom a little if needed. He didn't move at all! And let me get pretty close... wish I would have just kept my other lens.

This is my first lizard shot.. or nature shot period outside flowers and 1 butterfly. Wish I could have gotten lower down to his level but I didn't want to scare it away.

7197725616_a52a2736b4_b.jpg

f/5.6
1/320 s
ISO 400 ((probably could have come down, but forgot to adjust from last use.. was so caught up in my first lizard moment))
Also.. shot in "Vivid" for same reason above.. I just remembered that, so I might adjust in RAW if yall think it's too saturated looking. I didn't adjust the saturation.

C&C welcome.. thanks!

One more thing... He had a black hole eye and I tried to fix with my dodge tool but I'm not too good at that yet but was able to pull out the white ring lining in his eye a little. I always end up making the area too light and it loses it's vibrance in color... Any tips on fixing eye shadows would be great.

Last edited:
Thanks! I know you would never tell me the colors are too saturated. ;))

And I was so amazed at the detail at 100%!! Every little bump.. I wanted to touch my monitor.

Very nice shot.
Just a bit centered, but still a very very good.

Thanks! I cropped this.. Can show a little more on all sides. Any suggestions for a recrop?

I would try to push down the lizard to the third and get more of that upper beautiful background.

How about this... I didn't have enough at the top so I had to do some cloning.

7198814330_38fa6241da_b.jpg

Just noticed I copped of his claw a little. :(

I like it better this way.

Me too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back