pretty pigeon

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got home from 10 weeks in the Philippines, took a few shots of birds while out walking the streets, and shot a few owls at the zoo. The crop is a little wide on this one, but it draws you to the feathers and colours of this sweet creature.

Seen some tremendous posts in here, great stuff everyone!!

WebsizeCTBest2005-04-12-16-16-24JPEG.jpg

man, that is terrific! what is that coming off it's feathers on the left? or is that just smoke from somewhere else. hm. i love this angle.

thebeginning said:
what is that coming off it's feathers on the left? or is that just smoke from somewhere else. hm. i love this angle.

The lighter area behind the left of the pigeon is some sunlight peeking through the leaves, I try to use the maximun length of my 75-300 zoom lens, with the widest possible aperature to soften tha background as much as possible, sometimes it backfires and leaves such a minimal focal range, some areas of the subject become too soft.

Here s an example of what I mean...

WebsizeCTBest2005-02-26-11-40-34JPEG.jpg

The area in focus here is about 4-5 inches, leaving his beek out of range, I was so disappointed here, I when back to attempt a reshoot, and found out the hawk had escaped the birdman of Manila Zoo's capture.. heheh, good for him!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back