Pretty proud of my self!

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have this client who signed a contract with me already contacted me about the contracted amount. She said she had problem with her venue. The venue is going out of business before her wedding (art gallery in downtown Denver). She said now she is having a hard time finding a venue for about the same price so she needs to lower the budget of everything else. She was wondering if I could lower my price. I fired back and said.... "even though you have signed a contract I am willing to void the contract for you so you can find another photographer within your budget". I know that is stupid of me but I am just really confident with the product I offer and my price point. Plus I have not done their engagement session.

Then she replied (sounded annoyed), I guess I have to figure out a way to get more money for the wedding.

Then another email arrived and said she found a few photographers that charges 30%-50% less with similar package and ask if I could reduce my price for the second time. I still didnt budge and told her about quality of work, etc. After talking back and forward we came to an agreement that I get rid 2nd shooter and album and reduce the price. I basically just reduce the package by how much I would have paid the 2nd shooter and the price to make the album. Now I will have more profit since I dont have to design an album and go trough as many photos. Kinda bummed I wont have a 2nd shooter but yay for me!

I have this client who signed a contract with me already contacted me about the contracted amount. She said she had problem with her venue. The venue is going out of business before her wedding (art gallery in downtown Denver). She said now she is having a hard time finding a venue for about the same price so she needs to lower the budget of everything else. She was wondering if I could lower my price. I fired back and said.... "even though you have signed a contract I am willing to void the contract for you so you can find another photographer within your budget". I know that is stupid of me but I am just really confident with the product I offer and my price point. Plus I have not done their engagement session.

Then she replied (sounded annoyed), I guess I have to figure out a way to get more money for the wedding.

Then another email arrived and said she found a few photographers that charges 30%-50% less with similar package and ask if I could reduce my price for the second time. I still didnt budge and told her about quality of work, etc. After talking back and forward we came to an agreement that I get rid 2nd shooter and album and reduce the price. I basically just reduce the package by how much I would have paid the 2nd shooter and the price to make the album. Now I will have more profit since I dont have to design an album and go trough as many photos. Kinda bummed I wont have a 2nd shooter but yay for me!

I think you handled this well.

I'd say it couldn't have turned out better. Good job keeping your cool and thinking straight. Hopefully she now doesn't see you as a rip-off because she'll never know about the likely lower quality the other photog would have given her.

Good job on keeping your foot down and not letting her push you over. You charge for your services and the work you do, the price should be final... unless they were your friend then that is a different story.

I'll 2nd shoot for free airfare. ;-)

it is probably not a big deal for a more established wedding photographer because they can easily replace the wedding with another wedding. What I did was pretty bold but it worked out.

If she had dropped out completely, would you have retained her deposit (assuming you had one)?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back