Price - D7000 - 12K clicks - $ 525.00

LifeORiley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a D7000 with 12K clicks off CL. Too many clicks for that price?

Price too high for an aging camera?

I need direction...

Thanks

Assuming it's cosmetically in good condition I think that's ok

Seems a bit high for the mileage. Make an offer of 450-475. They'd likely get 400 max on a trade in. Lots of these around.

12K clicks isn't all that much for any DSLR.
An enthusiast could easily make 1000 photos a month and get to 12K clicks in a year.

The D7000 shutter - "has an equivalent performance to that of the D300S, is tested for 150,000 cycles with the shutter actually loaded to prove its high durability."
Nikon | Imaging Products | Reliability/Operability - Nikon D7000

The D7000 has been available since late 2010, but that's hardly an "aging camera".

$525 is about the going rate for a used D7000 in Very Good condition.
From a private seller I would expect to also get the Nikon strap that came with the camera, the users manual, the HDMI and USB cables, the software disc, the hot shoe and viewfinder covers, and the body cap.

Last edited:
Just sold mine with ~35k clicks on it for $500, so if it's good shape, seems like a solid deal.

Thanks for the iinput guys.

One hears about 100K or 150K shutter life. But I wonder about at what point things start going wrong - no matter what the manufacturer says.

20K,50k75k....at what point do Service Centers see a marked increase of failure (of all kinds).

That graph really helps DBJ

The climatic environmental conditions a camera is routinely used in influences shutter life.
Used in climate conditions that are cool and dry helps a shutter last longer.
High humidity and temperature extremes can negatively affect shutter life.

The use of reusable silica desiccant packs in your gear bag(s) is highly recommended regardless.

The linked to chart has less than 40 data points making it a small enough sample to wonder how useful it is, notwithstanding the fact that there is no information regarding how well any of these cameras were cared for, nor the climate conditions that could have effected the shutter.

Last edited:
Offered 475.00 and he wants 500.00 -

Just may do that, you guys have been a wealth of knowlege.

Thank you :salute:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back