Pricing Package

Greg Panas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for some insight on potential business and what i could be charging. I have a friend who runs a sporting travel organization. Basically he sets up international teams that come here to the United States play their sport. I had the opportunity to shoot one team's game as i wanted to get some shots for my portfolio and it had a great reception. People were interested in purchasing some of the photos that i had shot. Owner asked me if I wanted to put together a package so that he could offer that as an option for future tours/teams.

Any ideas on what a good solid package would be? The sports range from basketball, soccer, baseball, etc etc.

Why don't you just find a shopping cart online gallery and sell the prints individually? I'm not sure that someone would buy a whole package of themselves, but they may want one print at a time. As far as what to charge, I'm not sure what level you're at so it's hard to say. Keep it along the same lines as what you charge for your other work.

Sorry I guess i should specify it would be a whole team and would require me to travel.

Not much info. Full-time? Part-Time?

I'm looking for some insight on potential business and what i could be charging......
That depends totally on your skills as a photographer, salesman, businessman.

First, you need a written business and marketing plan. Not having a well thought out plan is why 7 of 10 new businesses fail. (They don't make money.)

How much you charge has to be related to your cost-of-doing-business (CODB), and your cost-of-goods-sold (GOGS), or there is no way to tell if your venture is actually profitable or not. (CODB includes your salary and your retirement fund contributions.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back