Primes

DCerezo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, I use only primes now... I love it. I'm going to start shooting more events and I need those primes readily available to change at a moments notice. Right now I have a 24,50 and 85mm. Planning to get a 35mm in the near future and I should be set.

My question is... Us there any bag or belt system that is the most handy for keeping all my primes on me while I shoot? Keep in mind I use a black rapid style sling for my camera, so a sling bag is kind of out of the question.

Maybe some sort of messenger bag, or I know several companies make lens cases in different sizes that have belt loops on them, basically just a padded cylinder with a zippered lid

I am a prime girl and I just carry my slinger bag most of the time.

...... Keep in mind I use a black rapid style sling for my camera, so a sling bag is kind of out of the question.
The Black Rapid camera strap swings around the right side of your body and a Lowepro Slingshot bag swings around the left side. Not a problem for me as long as the BR strap is put on last (on top).

ThinkTank belts with lens pockets are fantastic. I shoot mostly primes, but frankly it doesn't matter. The belts have a great locking mechanism for pockets, you can get an extra accessory bag to attach. Also they have a small (camera plus two primes belt pack that you can add a couple pockets to. I highly recommend all ThinkTank stuff, it is well thought out and made for Pros. JD

A second body will also greatly reduce lens swapping.

I second the think tank belt system. They are very hand, comfortable, and pretty small.

Holds SIX, count 'em, six smaller Nikkor lenses!!! if they use 52mm filter threads--they will FIT!!!!

imag0925.jpg

But seriously...the smaller 52mm Nikkor primes,like 24,35,50 fit in very small slots, or pouches, or pockets, fanny packs, waist packs, vest pockets,etc.

I often carry a fair-sized camera body in a fanny pack, with the 45mm P_Nikkor on the body, and then carry the 24/2.8, 35/2, and 85/1.8. Fanny packs/waist packs that have water bottle slots on the side, or sides, make easy to use lens-holders. I bought a Phoenix fanny pack at WalMart, and it holds a D3x with 45-P or or the 35/2 or 50mm/1.8 lenses mounted, and then also holds two primes that share taped back-to-back rear lens caps in one 500ml water bottle slot, and something as big as the 70-300 VR in the other water bottle slot. $14.99, with the two 500 milliliter water bottle included.

Most reactions

Back